Frequently Asked Questions
Do you do elopements or micro weddings?
100% – Yes, I love to photograph elopements and micro weddings! The trend of moving towards a smaller wedding (obviously, predominantly due to the current pandemic) definitely has it’s advantages. The more intimate setting has been beautiful, the focus is just on the couple and their commitment to each other. The few guests that are in attendance are all the more grateful for being there. Couples can actually spend quality time together on their wedding day and they can do what they want, rather than submit to the pressures of tradition or family etc. Plus, elopements and micro weddings do tend to be less stressful – less stressful to organise and less stressful on the wallet lol!
I offer a few different options to my couples opting for the smaller wedding.. email me, tell me about your vision and ask to see what I can offer you. xx
How many images do we get on USB?
Almost as many as I can shoot! It is NOT uncommon for my newlyweds to get more than 500 images in a 6 hour wedding package. They are your memories – who am I to keep them from you?
Why are you so affordable?
I moved my business from a commercial premises to my private residence! I save thousands every month and simply pass on the savings to you! Gotta love that!
Can I get my photos on USB?
Absolutely! All of my wedding packages include a USB with your edited high resolution images – they are print ready and DO NOT have a watermark.
Do you charge extra for travel?
For the most part the answer is no to additional fees. That said, if your event isn’t in my area, the travel fee is minimal! It really just covers the additional fuel to get to you, I certainly do not charge for my time.
Will you travel overseas or interstate?
I LOVE to travel to exciting new places! I simply ask that you cover flights and accommodation costs in addition to your wedding collection. I often do weddings in Fiji, Thailand and New Zealand. Did I mention that I can also speak Thai? And, come from a very diverse background and married into another… The Asian and Pacific Island cultures are very close to my heart.
I really want candid photos…
I was trained as a photojournalist and photographic artist at the Queensland College of Art, Griffith University. So, natural and ‘real’ imagery is what I specialise in. Everyone talks about ‘candid’ photos, but it’s more than likely that ‘candid’ moment will happen with the car park or with crowds of people in the background. So I do direct you a little, usually to control the backgrounds and light, and to ensure that you have plenty of variety in your imagery. Once I have you in an amazing setting, it’s play time! That is when I love to just encourage playfulness, laughter and lots of kissing! After all, it is your wedding day and you want to enjoy it!
Do you charge less for weekdays?
I do offer some special prices for Monday – Thursday weddings. Check out my prices page for package details. I also work closely with the team at Pop Up Weddings Bayside and Elope Brisbane.. they offer all inclusive packages, they may be worth checking out!
How do I book?
I have a booking form that we ask you fill in – it is a contract that outlines your selected package and our obligation to you. It is in a digital format so it is super easy to type into or you can go old school and print it out. There is also a number of payment options on the form. Everyone manages their money differently, so I give you some options for payment.
Can you take credit card?
I have facilities to take Visa or MasterCard payments, if this is your preferred method of payment, I will issue you an invoice with a secured link to enter your details.
Do you photograph same sex couples?
Ahh… hell yeah! Love is love, is love, is love lol! We totally support all couples – you just need to be loved up. Same sex weddings, families, couples are all welcome – we see beauty in all aspects of the rainbow! xx.
How are you keeping safe?
With the rules and restrictions around Covid-19 changing everyday, it is important for me to keep up to date and follow the recommendations given to us by Queensland Health. To ensure that I comply and keep you, your family, myself and my family safe I have adopted a number of new protocols. In addition to the precautions we all take as individuals on a daily basis (such as good hygiene and social distancing), I also practise the following
- Keep hand sanitiser in my vehicle and sanitise before and after all locations
- Carry a mask on my person incase I find myself in a situation where social distancing is difficult
- Clean my gear after every job
- Restrict the number of people in my home studio for meetings only (numbers to remain compliant with current regulations)
- Provide hand sanitiser to all guests visiting my home studio
- Cleaning all surfaces before and after above visits
- Limiting any family shoots to the allowed number of people at the time (when gatherings are limited)
- Keeping a record of my movements, including downloading and activating the Covid-safe app
- Abiding by covid-safe plans of any venues that I may shoot at
- Whole group photos are often prohibited, so only when the space and restrictions allow can this common photo request occur. At time of publishing, only households can stand together with a social distance between them and the next household.
- Photo booth props are also currently prohibited by law, so our open air booth has many restrictions to remain contactless (it is still fun I promise!). These include, no physical props (digital props are available though), only myself or the operator can touch the touch-screen, there are limits on the number of people posing together. Guests can use their QR code reader to access their image directly to their phone.
What is your Covid-19 cancellation policy?
Covid-19 has hit so many couples and the wedding industry hard… it has been a heart breaking time for us all. I have always had a policy of transparency and will continue to do so by making our options clear and publishing them here for you.
My reservation fee, as outlined in my booking form / contract is non-refundable, however due to the unforeseeable nature of Covid-19 we have offered our couples a number of different options moving forward. These options have been…
In the event of a postponed wedding…
- To transfer the reservation fee at no additional cost to a comparable date (for example, a midweek wedding to another midweek date the following year). I have liaised with my couples to work on dates that also work with their other vendors. Again, for no additional admin fees or penalty fees. The above option has been applied for couples opting to postpone their entire wedding and for couples choosing to elope on their original date but postpone their ‘party reception’ with family and friends.
In the event of a wedding across a closed border…
- If my couple has decided to postpone their interstate wedding, the above has applied to them.
- When my couple has decided to carry on, as per my contract, I have engaged a suitable replacement photographer to fulfill my duties on the day. This is to ensure that I have fulfilled my promise and they have the same experience envisaged on their day.
In the event of a cancellation…
- In the rare case that a couple has opted to cancel their wedding, I have offered them a credit note. This is to exchange their reservation fee for another service such as family portraits or graphic design service.
In the event of changed plan – big fat wedding to an elopement…
- A number of my couples decided to throw caution to the wind and elope! Ditch the big fat wedding and the big photography package they booked and just get hitched! For these couples I was able to modify their package for them. For example, one couple had already paid for a 6 hour photography package, we changed this to a 3 hour photography package that also included a video highlight. This was the perfect solution because they could then share that added video with all the family and friends who could no longer be there.